When your heating system isn’t working correctly in Troy, Michigan, during the winter months, you should call for repairs as soon as possible. Not only is your household at risk without a proper heating system, but your home is also at risk of plumbing disasters if your pipes freeze.
Signs You Should Have Your Heating System Checked:
- The most obvious sign that your heating system isn’t working right is that it isn’t blowing hot air. Your heater could blow warm or cold air when it turns on. This could mean that you have a broken belt or a problem with a compressor. You may also need to have your ductwork inspected to find the problem!
- If you sometimes hear noises coming from your heating system, then you should have them checked. Whether you hear clanging, banging, or a rumble, it is crucial to have it checked as soon as possible. These sounds usually mean that there is a part broken in your heating system. If you need something repaired, it is better to get it done as soon as possible to save money.
- If you notice that your heating bill is rapidly growing, then you may have a problem with your heating unit. Consider changing the filter and having it inspected to help with energy efficiency. An inspection can also help you avoid costly repairs or replacement services.
- If the heater sets off your carbon monoxide detector, then it needs services right away. Carbon monoxide is hazardous to your health and can cause death. If you don’t have carbon monoxide detectors, then have the carbon monoxide levels checked regularly.
- If you feel like the indoor air quality is poor when your heater runs, have it and your ductwork inspected. Your heating system may need an upgrade or a simple cleaning and filter replacement.
- If you or someone in your home feels ill when your heating system is in use, then it is vital to have the system checked right away!