Frustrated by a giant water heater taking up so much room and driving up your energy bills? Been thinking about tankless water heaters, but not sure about the positives and negatives? Tankless water heaters are a very eco-friendly solution for those that have certain water demands, but they may not fill the needs of others that use more water. Consider what the best solution for your home is by getting all the information.
- Tankless water heaters are smaller than traditional water heaters, taking up less room in smaller homes.
- Tankless water heaters do not need to be installed indoors and can be put outside for more space conservation.
- Tankless water heaters often last upwards of 20 years when properly maintained.
- Tankless water heaters heat water as needed. They heat water via a coil, which means they only use energy as needed. This translates to lower energy bills, with many owners saving up to 16% on their bills.
- Eco-friendly. Tankless water heaters use less energy and thus require fewer resources. They are ideal for eco and smaller homes.
- Improves Property Value. Properties with a tankless water heater improve in value as many homebuyers view them as an advantage.
- Tankless water heaters come with longer warranties than traditional water heaters.
- Tankless water heaters may require the installation of pipes, gas lines, or exhaust vents, depending on the fuel system. The location of their installation depends on the electrical system of the home.
- Tankless water heaters cost more upfront than tank water heaters due to the system and installation process.
- A tankless water heater can only provide so much water. They do not have the ability to provide water for a shower and several other appliances to run at the same time.
- Repairs can be more complex, difficult, and costly due to the system of tankless water heaters.